Every submission must include the following:
At least three (3) Scholarly Sources
A brief 3-5 sentence annotation for each source that shows why you find the source helpful and how it would be used, if you were to write the full paper.
Proper adherence to MLA guidelines.
Every source must be scholarly (read: YouTube and Wikipedia are unacceptable). There is a flowchart in the “Paper Supporting Files
- Textbook: Chapter 14
- Minimum of 1 primary sources (artist statement)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook – from critic)
InstructionsAlthough controversial art is not a topic exclusive to the 20th and 21st centuries, the distribution of information regarding controversial art has increased with the proliferation of media. Choose an example of a controversial work of art from the 20th or 21st centuries from any discipline of the humanities (music, literature, sculpture, film, television, etc.). Then, address the following:
- Identify the work and the medium.
- Based on your example, to what extent does this work of controversial art make a social contribution?
- What aesthetic value does the work have? How does it reflect the human condition? How does it relate to your life?
- Has this work ever been censored? If so, explain the circumstances.
- Are governments ever justified in censoring art? Why or why not?
- Examine some of the influences of this work of art.
- Argue whether or not this work should be considered art. Explain why using terms learned in this course.
- Include an accompanying statement from the artist(s) and a statement from a critic to support your points.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and 1 primary source)
In a written response of one to three pages, explain in detail what the Humanities are and how they influence culture?
Defines what the Humanities are in detail.
Areas of Study
Includes all the subjects the Humanities covers and lists many examples of each.
Why Study Humanities?
Explains in detail why it is important to study Humanities.
HowArt Influences Culture
Explains in detail how art influences culture and provides many specific examples.
HowCulture Influences Art
Explains in detail how culture influences art and provides many specific examples.
Unemployed-professor.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations.