For this assessment you will create an 8-12 slide PowerPoint presentation for one or more stakeholder or leadership groups to generate interest and buy-in for the plan proposal you developed for the third assessment.
As a current or future nurse leader, you may be called upon to present to stakeholders and leadership about projects that you have been involved in or wish to implement. The ability to communicate a plan—and potential implications of not pursuing such a plan—to stakeholders effectively can be critically important in creating awareness and buy-in, as well as building your personal and professional brand in your organization. It is equally important that you know how to create compelling presentations for others’ delivery and ensure that they convey the same content you would deliver if you were the presenter.
· 1.Organizational or Patient Issue:
· Explain an organizational or patient issue for which a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach would help achieve a specific improvement goal, noting potential consequences of not addressing the issue.
o Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
o What is the issue that you are trying to solve or improve?
o Why should the audience care about solving it?
o 2.Relevance of an Interdisciplinary Team Approach:
· Summarize an evidence-based interdisciplinary plan to address an organizational or patient issue, noting specific sources of evidence used to develop the plan.
· Explain how interdisciplinary collaboration can be used to achieve desired patient and systems outcomes.
o Explain an organizational or patient issue for which a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach would help achieve a specific improvement goal
o Why is using an interdisciplinary team relevant, or the best approach, to addressing the issue?
o How will it help to achieve improved outcomes or reach a goal?
· 3. Interdisciplinary Plan Summary.
Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed, providing real-world examples relevant to the context of the health care organization.
Describe ways to incorporate evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team. Summarize an evidence-based interdisciplinary plan to address an organizational or patient issue. Propose evidence-based criteria that could be used to evaluate the degree to which the project was successful in achieving the improvement goal. What is the objective?How likely is it to work?What will the interdisciplinary team do?
4. Implementation and Resource Management:
o How could the plan be implemented to ensure effective use of resources?
o How could the plan be managed to ensure that resources were not wasted?
o How does the plan justify the resource expenditure?
· 5. Evaluation.
Proposes evidence-based criteria to evaluate the degree to which the project was successful in achieving the improvement goal, noting specific sources of evidence used to develop the criteria.
o What would a successful outcome of the project look like?
o What are the criteria that could be used to measure that success?
o How could this be used to show the degree of success.
· Number of slides: Plan on using one or two slides for each part of your presentation as needed, so the content of your presentation will be 8–12 slides in length. Remember that slides should contain concise talking points, and you will use presenter’s notes to go into detail. Be sure to include a reference slide as the last slide of your presentation.
· Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your central ideas. Resources should be no more than five years old.
· APA formatting: Make sure that in-text citations on your slides and in your notes pages and reference slide reflect current APA Style and Format.