Review this week’s lesson and reading. Find an academic source to back up your opposition’s point of view. This is a new source, in addition to the source you located last week.
Part 2: ApplicationAnticipating readers’ objections is one way to determine what other sections to include and support in your paper. Practice writing a counterargument that applies the Toulmin model. Incorporate one of the new sources you have gathered to present your opposition’s point. Strive for at least 5 developed sentences. Cite your source in APA format.
- Grounds / 1st Counterargument (your opposition’s point)
- Backing (establish credibility of the source)
- Warrant (evidence)
- Possible concession / conclusion
Answer the following prompts:
- How were you able to remain objective while presenting the opponent’s point of view?
- What challenges did you face obtaining evidence to back up the assertion?
- Which conciliatory approach did you apply and why?
- How was it effective?