The purpose of this assignment is for the nursing education student to have a forum to showcase personal achievements and to demonstrate current qualifications in preparation for certification as a nurse educator or in seeking a position as a nurse educator.
There is no right way to create a professional portfolio. Organizations that utilize this format for clinical advancement or peer review may have a standard format that is to be followed for submission. Organizations may also require a portfolio as part of a job application. These may or may not have specific formatting guidelines. For the purposes of this assignment, the portfolio must contain the following pieces:
- Introduction that includes a professional goal(s) statement integrating Boyer’s Model of Scholarship in Nursing.
- Current license and credentials.
- Include a reference list with at least three references (one professional and two personal).
- Provide a summary of the National League for Nursing (NLN) eight competencies for nurse educators, outlining your accomplishments in each of the eight areas.
- Fully developed lesson plan from practicum experience (This has been accomplished in Topic 8).
- Reflective analysis assignment (This has been accomplished in Topic 15).
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.