Return on Invested Capital and Profitability Analysis
Return on invested capital is important in the analysis of financial statements. Financial statement analysis involves assessing both risk and return. Return on invested capital refers to a company’s earnings relative to both the level and source of financing. You will be able to measure a company’s success in using financing to generate profits and the ability to measure their operating performance by analyzing their return.
Your mission as a business manager is to maximize the return to the shareholders. These measures are the critical elements to that objective. You will also understand the language and measure of bottom line performance. This will greatly enhance your value too!
After completing this unit, you should be able to:
· Examine the usefulness of return measures in financial statement analysis.
· Analyze the return on net operating assets and its relevance for analysis.
· Analyze the return on common shareholders’ equity and its role in your analysis.
· Analyze disaggregation of return on common shareholders’ equity and the relevance of its components.
Course Outcome practiced in this unit:
Examine the usefulness of return measures in financial statement analysis.
Unit 6 Assignment: Walt Disney Company Due 5/31/2021
In this assignment, you will dig deep into the Walt Disney Company’s financial statements to find what is most impacting to their profitability and returns.
In this Assignment, you will be assessed based on the following outcome: Examine the usefulness of return measures in financial statement analysis. In this Assignment, you will dig deep into the Walt Disney Company’s financial statements to find what is most impacting to their profitability and returns. You will learn to search for the key results that are impacting change which can help the company repeat or avoid those outcomes. Locate the Walt Disney Company Case 8-2 on page 498 of your text. (see attached Word doc). Be sure to submit thoughtful and substantial answers to the questions following each case. This is a challenging activity. You should prepare to spend substantial time working on your response. Directions for Submitting Your Assignment Compose your Assignment in a Microsoft Word document.
Response successfully answers Assignment questions for these cases.
1. Calculate and disaggregate Return on Common Equity (ROCE) for the two years analyzed. (20 pts)
2. Identify the components that contribute most to the change in ROCE. (17 pts) (Must be answered exhibiting strong critical thinking and appropriate analysis.)
Please be sure sentences are clear, concise, and direct; tone is appropriate. Grammatical skills are strong with almost no errors per page.