Module 1 Assignment: Taking a Health History:
Part 2: Preparing for Common Health Screenings
Most professional disciplines have benefitted from advances in technology. Archeology for example has benefitted from satellite and x-ray technology to locate important sites and artifacts.
Of course, medicine has benefitted as much as any discipline from technological advancements. These advancements even permeate the practice of health screenings. Among them, mobile technology has ushered in an era of screening apps, including those tailored to women’s health and those that facilitate effective communication for women and/or LGBTQ+ individuals.
For Part 2 of this Assignment, you will review and download apps related to common screenings. You will then write a reflection on these apps and their applicability to screenings of women and/or LGBTQ+ individuals.
· Review and download the apps related to common screenings found in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Make sure to familiarize yourself with each one of these apps and what is required in order to prepare for your screenings.
· Next, consider how these apps are valid based on approving agency guidelines.
Assignment: Part 2(1- to 2-page reflection)
· Write a reflection explaining how you might use these apps to help you with common screenings of women and/or LGBTQ+ individuals.
· Explain what you found helpful about these particular screening apps.
· Explain how these screening apps relate to approving agency guidelines as well as how these apps are valid based on these guidelines.