- Review the document, “Part 2 Planning Guide: Curriculum Components [your chosen setting],” in this week’s Learning Resources, to assist in preparing and completing the Part 2 Assignment.
- Review Chapter 7, “Philosophical Foundations of the Curriculum,” in the Billings and Halstead text. Examine Figure 7.1 and reflect on the interrelationship of curriculum components and how they flow from components of the setting (e.g., agency, institution, healthcare center, other settings).
- Gather data and other information for the curriculum you are developing for your educational program that aligns with the components of your specific setting.
Assignment (3–4 pages):
Based on your research and the data you gather through your Part 2 Planning Guide, include the following:
- A brief description of your chosen setting and the existing agency; institution; healthcare center; clinic or other, which is the focus of your Course Project.
- A brief description of the type of education program you would develop for the focus setting (e.g., patient education; entry-level nursing course; nursing staff professional development; other).
- An explanation of the following curriculum components and why you believe that they align with those of the focus setting (e.g., agency; institution; healthcare center; clinic or other):
- Education program mission
- Education program vision
- Education program philosophy
- A description of your overall goal for the program and how your program goal aligns with the curriculum components (i.e., mission, vision, philosophy) of your setting.
- An explanation of the learning theory for your education program, which includes:
- How the learning theory will integrate throughout the education program
- Why you believe this learning theory aligns best with your education program
Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- A brief explanation of the program’s organizational framework, which includes:
- Type of organizational framework. Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- Why you believe the framework is congruent to the mission, vision, and philosophy of the focus setting, and why you believe this framework would support the education program you propose. Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- How the organizational framework is a means of meeting learner needs (e.g., patients/families/caregivers; entry-level nursing students; staff nurses) and why you believe this framework is the best way to meet those learning needs. Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
Reminder: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
No Assignment submission required for this week.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Submit your Part 2: Curriculum Components Course Project Assignment by Day 7 of Week 5.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!