Discussion 2: The Role of the RN/APRN in Policy-Making
Word cloud generators have become popular tools for meetings and team-building events. Groups or teams are asked to use these applications to input words they feel best describe their team or their role. A “word cloud” is generated by the application that makes prominent the most-used terms, offering an image of the common thinking among participants of that role.
What types of words would you use to build a nursing word cloud? Empathetic, organized, hard-working, or advocate would all certainly apply. Would you add policy-maker to your list? Do you think it would be a very prominent component of the word cloud?
Nursing has become one of the largest professions in the world, and as such, nurses have the potential to influence policy and politics on a global scale. When nurses influence the politics that improve the delivery of healthcare, they are ultimately advocating for their patients. Hence, policy-making has become an increasingly popular term among nurses as they recognize a moral and professional obligation to be engaged in healthcare legislation.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Revisit the Congress.gov website provided in the Resources (attached) and consider the role of RNs and APRNs in policy-making.
Congress.gov. (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.congress.gov/
Reflect on potential opportunities that may exist for RNs and APRNs to participate in the policy-making process.
1. Post an explanation of at least two opportunities that exist for RNs and APRNs to actively participate in policy-making.
2. Explain some of the challenges that these opportunities may present
3. Describe how you might overcome these challenges.
4. Finally, recommend two strategies you might make to better advocate for or communicate the existence of these opportunities to participate in policy-making.
5. Be specific and provide examples.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!