Assignment 4: Journal Entry #1
- Refer to your FNP Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form from your previous assignment in this week and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Journal Entry (450–500 words):?
- Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences. Include a description of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of working with children and how these strengths and weaknesses might impact your Practicum experience.
- Discuss your personal definition of family and family roles that might impact the assessment of a child and his or her family. Also expand your discussion on the challenges of working with families. Explain how you would handle parents that do not want to vaccinate children.
- Then, explain how culture (both the culture of the provider and that of the child and his or her family) may further influence the assessment.
- Select and explain a nursing theory to guide your practice with pediatric patients.
Resources:Please use two of these resources on top of other resource you may use fro references.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Hagan, J. F., Jr., Shaw, J. S., Duncan, P. M. (Eds.) (2017). Bright futures: Guidelines for health supervision of infants, children, and adolescents (4th ed.). American Academy of Pediatrics.
- “Promoting Family Support” (pp. 41–64)
- “Promoting Healthy Weight” (pp. 151–166)
- “Promoting Healthy Nutrition” (pp. 167–192)
- “Promoting Physical Activity” (pp. 193–203)
- “Promoting Safety and Injury Prevention” (pp. 235–256)
Burns, C. E., Dunn, A. M., Brady, M. A., Starr, N. B., Blosser, C. G., & Garzon, D. L. (Eds.). (2017). Pediatric primary care (6th ed.). Elsevier.
- Chapter 41, “Genetic Disorders” (pp. 1148–1169)
Note: You should have this textbook in your personal library, as it was the required text in NRNP 6541: Primary Care of Adolescents and Children.
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Professional Issues Committee. (2019). NAPNAP position statement on age parameters for pediatric nurse practitioner practice. Journal of Pediatric Healthcare, 33(2), A9–A11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedhc.2018.10.007
American Academy of Pediatrics. (2020). Immunizations. http://www2.aap.org/immunization/
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2020). Healthy people 2020 topics and objectives. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives
Note: This website provides evidence-based resources for a range of health topics including adolescent health, early and middle childhood, family planning, nutrition and weight status, and physical activity.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!