The legal landscape for NPs is constantly changing as the status of NPs as providers improves on a national level. Legislative changes may occur annually, bi-annually, or during an emergency legislative meeting at the state or federal level. These legislative sessions and any subsequent changes will significantly impact your scope of practice as a nurse practitioner.
For this Discussion, you examine professional issues for your state, including certification and licensure, scope of practice, independent practice, prescriptive authority, and legislative activities.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Review practice agreements in your state of NORTH CAROLINA.
1. Identify whether your state requires physician collaboration or supervision for nurse practitioners and, if so, what those requirements are.
Research the following:
2. How do you get certified and licensed in your state?
3. What is the application process for certification in your state?
4. What is the primary nurse licensure office resource website in your state?
5. How does your state define the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner?
6. What is included in your state’s practice agreement?
7. How do you get a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) license?
8. How does your state describe a nurse practitioner’s controlled-substance prescriptive authority and what nurse practitioner drug schedules are nurse practitioners authorized to prescribe?
9. In what legislative and advocacy activities are your state nurse practitioner organization(s) involved?
By Day 3
1. Post a summary of your findings on your state based on the questions listed above.
2. Explain the types of regulations that exist and the barriers that may impact nurse practitioner independent practice in your state. Be specific.
3. Also, describe what surprised you from your research.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!