Required Readings (click to expand/reduce)
Coralli, C. H. (2006). Effective case presentations—An important clinical skill for nurse practitioners. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 18(5), 216–220. doi:10.1111/j.1745-7599.2006.00125.xMeet your deadlines with our essay writing service and let our professional writers take care of it!Create your project now and start getting help in 2 minutes
Dougados, M., Soubrier, M., Perrodeau, E., Gossec, L., Fayet, F., Gilson, M., . . . Ravaud, P. (2015). Impact of a nurse-led programme on comorbidity management and impact of a patient self-assessment of disease activity on the management of rheumatoid arthritis: Results of a prospective, multicentre, randomised, controlled trial (COMEDRA). Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 74(9), 1725.
Dunn, K. S., & Riley-Doucet, C. K. (2017). Applying integrative learning strategies and complexity theory to design simulations for care of complex patients. Nurse educator, 42(2), 72-76.
Merck & Co., Inc. (2020). Merck manual professional version. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/SearchResults?query=laboratory+tests
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizBuy Answer Now/
Note: Use this resource to research applicable laboratory tests that may be needed for your patient. You should also consult the Walden Library for further sources as needed.
Shoemaker, S. J., Wolf, M. S., & Brach, C. (2013). The patient education materials assessment tool (PEMAT) and user’s guide. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/publications/files/pemat_guide.pdf
Document: Case Presentation Template (PowerPoint file)
Week 10 Assignment: Complex Patient Case Presentation
For this Assignment, you create a poster presentation and a narrative summary in which you will summarize this information regarding your case study in order to advocate and communicate approaches for promoting positive patient outcomes.
To prepare: (RE: CERVICAL CANCER and LEUKEMIA)
- You should have signed up for two disorders and two patient factors using the class Wiki. Your case presentation will be based on a hypothetical patient with the comorbidities you selected.
- Review the Resources for your selected disorders, researching supplementary resources in the Walden Library as needed. Based on your research, invent a present history of illness, health history, physical exam findings, and laboratory results for the hypothetical patient with these comorbidities. This will serve as your case study for this Assignment.
- Searching online, locate at least two agencies that provide patient education on your selected disorders and review the available materials and curriculum.
- Access the Case Presentation Template in this week’s Resources.
- Note: Your poster presentation should only be 1 slide-in length. You may also use Microsoft Word or Publisher to create your poster presentation.
Use the Case Presentation [PowerPoint] template provided in this week’s Resources to develop a 1-slide poster that addresses the following:
- Identify the patient’s chief complaint.
- List the patient’s history of present illness.
- Briefly list findings from the patient’s history and physical exam.
- Identify the disorders that make up the comorbidities you selected, as well as associated alterations. List the pathophysiology of the comorbidities, including changes that occur in at least two body systems. Be specific and concise.
- Identify at least three signs and symptoms associated with the pathologies of your selected comorbidities that would guide the collection of information from conducting a patient health assessment.
- Identify the types of drugs that might be prescribed to treat the patient’s comorbidities. Identify the types of laboratory tests that might be needed to support the diagnoses. Be specific and provide examples.
- List specific genetic, gender, ethnicity, age, and/or behavior considerations that might impact the patient’s conditions and the effects of prescribed drugs.
- Provide links to materials from at least two supporting agencies to educate patients on the disorders, treatment options, management, and self-care.
Part II: [Written Narrative: Analyzing Comorbidities in Complex Patient Case Presentations to Inform Nurse and Patient Education] (3–4 pages)
- Explain in-depth how the alterations of each comorbid disorder (e.g., diabetes and peripheral vascular disease) impact each other. Be specific. Use the Learning Resources and/or best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- Explain in depth the pharmacokinetics and the pharmacodynamics of the pharmacotherapeutic agents and their impact on patient care. Explain in-depth how potential interactions between the medications that might be prescribed justify the selection of the medications for this patient. Use the Learning Resources and/or best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- Explain the abnormal findings of the laboratory tests that would aid in the assessment process.
- Summarize how the information presented in your complex patient case presentation would guide you, as a nurse educator, to advocate for the patient and communicate approaches for promoting positive patient outcomes.
- Recommend education strategies on how you would use the materials from the supporting agencies you identified to educate patients on the disorders, treatment options, management, and self-care.
- Justify how these education strategies would contribute to positive patient outcomes. Be specific and provide examples. Use the Learning Resources and/or best available evidence from current literature to support your justification.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!