When politics and medical science intersect, there can be much debate. Sometimes anecdotes or hearsay are misused as evidence to support a particular point. Despite these and other challenges, however, evidence-based approaches are increasingly used to inform health policy decision-making regarding causes of disease, intervention strategies, and issues impacting society. One example is the introduction of childhood vaccinations and the use of evidence-based arguments surrounding their safety.
1. In the discussion, you will prepare by reviewing the website https://www.congress.gov/ and identifying one recent (within the past 5 years) proposed health policy.
2. Then review the health policy you identified and reflect on the background and development of this health policy.
3. Post a description of the health policy you selected and a brief background for the problem or issue being addressed.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
4. Explain whether you believe there is an evidence base to support the proposed policy and explain why.
5. Be specific and provide examples.
Please include at least 3 references in your initial post!
To count as participation, responses need to be thoughtful; that is, they must refer to the week’s readings, relevant issues in the news, information obtained from other sources, and/or ideas expressed in the postings of other class members.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!