Based on your research and the data you gather through your Part 3 Planning Guide, include the following:
- A brief description of your focus setting (pediatric asthma clinic); the type of education program to be developed; and the target audience for that education program (patients and care givers, nursing students and nurses)
- A list 2–3 end-of-program outcomes
- Explain how these end-of-program outcomes align with the mission, vision, philosophy, and overall goal of your setting. Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- Explain how these end-of-program outcomes will address the educational needs of the target learners. Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
- Present an illustration of Curriculum Design (in the same Part 3 Assignment of your Course Project):
- Create a graphic that depicts your program of study education plan. (Note: You may create your graphic in any file type you choose, e.g., Word, PowerPoint, .JPG.)
- Explain the program sequence by describing 3–5 courses/learning experiences in the recommended order of presentation.
- For each course/learning experience, identify 2–3 learning outcomes.
- Select one course and identify 2–3 learning objectives that support the achievement of each of the learning outcomes.
- Explain how each of the 3–5 courses/learning experiences scaffolds learning toward the end-of-program outcomes. Use the Learning Resources and/or the best available evidence from current literature to support your explanation.
Billings, D. M., & Halstead, J. A. (2020). Teaching in nursing: A guide for faculty (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
- Chapter 6, “An Introduction to Curriculum Development” (pp. 103–134(Previously read in Weeks 1 and 5.)
- Chapter 7