Post a summary of your expectations of this course Advanced Practice Care of Adults Across the Lifespan.
Also, include a brief explanation of your strengths and challenges as they relate to nursing practice competencies when working with adults.
Describe any career goals or objectives this course may help you accomplish in the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) role and explain why.
Use your research to support your explanations by providing credible and scholarly sources.
Diverse Student Learning Needs Assessment
In education, learner diversity has a significant influence on the selection of teaching strategies. Clearly understanding your learners’ needs is the first step to ensuring you develop instruction that will effectively meet those needs. Learners’ needs are determined by multiple variables ranging from cognitive abilities to cultural and socioeconomic factors.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- A minimum of three peer-reviewed references published within the last 5 years is required.
- Doctoral learners are required to use the current APA style for their essay writing assignments. The current APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric before beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
For this assignment you will conduct an actual needs assessment on a group of learners in relation to a learning goal you would like for them to achieve. Ideally, these are learners you have access to in your practicum setting.
First, determine a learning goal for your group of learners. This can range from a specific nursing skill to broader theoretical knowledge.
Next, research needs assessment tools and use or develop one tool appropriate for the learners in your practicum setting. There are a variety of needs assessment tools from which to choose, and an appropriate one should provide a way to measure the current knowledge base of the learners. The tool should also help you identify learner characteristics, such as learning preferences and needs and access to technology and resources.
You will administer the tool, collect your feedback, analyze the results, and report your findings. Include the following in a report of 1,000-1,250 words:
- Identify the needs assessment tool and explain how it is appropriate for the learner in your setting.
- Summarize the general, shared characteristics of your learner.
- Discuss the specific characteristics that distinguish your learners from one another.
- Discuss how your learners’ similarities and differences would impact your approach to facilitating learning for this diverse group.
- Discuss potential methods for evaluating whether or not your approach is working for each of your learners.
Watch the PBS segment on Georgia’s segregation of students with disabilities. Write a 1–2 page paper in which you address the following:
- What might be the state of Georgia’s rationale for this practice?
- Other than the obvious
Write a critical essay
Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development PlanPart 6: Finalizing the Plan
At some point in every construction project, efforts turn from design and the focus moves to actual construction. With the vision in place and the tools secured, the blueprint can be finalized and approved. Then it is time to put on hardhats and begin work.
Throughout the course you have developed aspects of your Academic and Professional Development Plan. You have thought a great deal about your vision and goals, your academic and professional network of support, research strategies and other tools you will need, the integrity of your work, and the value of consulting the work of others. With your portfolio in place, it is now time to finalize your blueprint for success.
Much as builders remain cognizant of the building standards as they plan and begin construction, nurses must remain mindful of the formal standards of practice that govern their specialties. A good understanding of these standards can help ensure that your success plan includes any steps necessary to excel within your chosen specialty.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the final component–a review of your specialty standards of practice. You will also submit your final version of the document, including Parts 1–5.
- Review the scope and standards of practice or competencies related to your chosen specialty in the resources for this module.
- Review the MSN specializations offered at Walden by viewing the module resource, Walden University. (n.d.). Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
- Examine professional organizations related to the specialization you have chosen and identify at least one to focus on for this Assignment.
- Reflect on the thoughts you shared in the Discussion forum regarding your choice of a specialty, any challenges you have encountered in making this choice, and any feedback you have received from colleagues in the Discussion.
The Assignment: Complete the following items and incorporate them into the final version of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan.
- With the resources specific to the MSN specialization and the, Walden University. (n.d.). Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), shared in this module, write a paragraph or make a Nursing Specialty Comparison table, comparing at least two nursing specialties that include your selected specialization and second-preferred specialization.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph justification statement identifying your reasons for choosing your MSN specialization. Incorporate feedback you received from colleagues in this Module’s Discussion forum.
- Identify the professional organization related to your chosen specialization for this Assignment, and explain how you can become an active member of this organization.
Note: Your final version of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan should include all components as presented the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan template.
Read the following primary source (photo attached):
Then, address the following:
- Evaluate the rationale that President Jackson used in the removal of the Native Americans from east of the Mississippi River. Did the removal have the intended impact?
- Identify the responsibilities given to the President under the Indian Removal Act of 1830.
- Compare Jackson’s actions toward Native Americans in the context of his First Inaugural Address with the path of events during the Trail of Tears.
- Determine if the removal of the Native Americans from east of the Mississippi River violate the principles found in the Declaration of Independence?
Respond to your colleagues, in one or more of the following ways:
- Share insights on how the factor you selected impacts the pathophysiology of the disorder your colleague selected.
- Suggest alternative recommendations for drug treatments.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
A brief description of the pathophysiology of Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative Colitis is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease wherein the immune system attacks and causes inflammation on the inner lining of the large intestine. This is a disorder that may occur at any age but is common among young people ages 20 to 40 (McCance & Huether, 2019). Common signs and symptoms include diarrhea, passing of bloody stool and abdominal pain. Factors that greatly affect UC are genetics, over reactive immune response, microbiome and the environment.
Explain how the maladaptive and physiological responses of Ulcerative Colitis might differ.
The physiological responses to this disease vary from one person to another. There is mild to moderate UC and every person may differ on how they can live and deal with the disease. For those whose coping mechanism is healthy, going to the doctor for treatment and looking for means to live with the disease without significant disruption is their primary management of living with UC. Eating healthy is one of the ways to deal with the disease as one’s appetite can be greatly affected and one may easily lose weight or eat an unbalanced diet (NIH, n.d.). Looking for a support group is also one of the ways by which a person may cope with UC, knowing that he or she is not alone in her condition.
Maladaptive response is to isolate one’s self as a result of fear of embarrassment, depression and anxiety caused by the disease. This is all due to the nature of the disorder that hampers normal way of living and as a young adult who is seeking the company of friends, the person living with UC becomes self-conscious as accidents from diarrhea may occur at any time ( Phillips, 2019).
The most common drug, used by 90% of people with UC is 5-ASA. Under the classification of this drug are Sulfasalazine and Mesalamine (BWH, n.d.). These two medications help by reducing the inflammation. Other drugs that may also use are immunomodulators and corticosteroids.
The factor I have selected that may impact UC is age. As this disease may affect any age, the same hampering and psychological issues may crop up in the life of the person. Anyone not exactly living with UC understands how the uncertainty of having to pass gas or have diarrhea in a public place may send you in utter fear of being looked down or seen as filthy but would most especially affec t you around your friends.
American Gastrointestinal Association. (2019). Clinical guidelines. Retrieved from https://www.gastro.org/guidelines
Managing inflammatory bowel disease – full text view. (2015). https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00679003
Topic: What is your Prediction?
A time series model is a forecasting technique that attempts to predict the future values of a variable by using only historical data on that one variable.
You have already completed your initial discussion post. Now, chose 2 peer discussions to reply to:
***please see attached work doc for the two replies that need to be answered to based on the instructions
Unemployed-professor.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations.