- Research the importance of the topic and write an introduction that includes these main points:
- Obtain relevant background information from a credible source other than the article
- Explain why the topic is important for researchers to explore
- Write a study synopsis that includes these main points:
- what known and not known about the topic and what gap in knowledge this study intends to fill
- research design and setting
- sampling method
- number of subjects
- inclusion/exclusion criteria
- attrition, loss to follow up, or response rate (if any)
- important characteristics of the sample
- how the study was conducted
- explain how the data was collected
- include measurement instruments and what they measured
- if the study involves an intervention, how the intervention was carried out
- Appraise the article in narrative format by answering the following questions.
- Was the sampling method appropriate for this study? Why or why not?
- If inclusion and exclusion criteria were noted in the report, did the criteria control for extraneous variables? Why or why not?
- Were the measurement instruments reliable and valid? Why or why not?
- If the study was experimental, was the intervention performed consistently? Why or why not?
- Were the conclusions of the study supported by the results? Why or why not?
- Consider study limitations when appraising conclusions with respect to results
- State your analysis of the nursing implications based on the findings of the study.
- Take statistical significance into account.
- DO NOT use implications to nursing from the article; provide your own analysis.
Unemployed-professor.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations.
Ask an expert—for free!
Get an answer from a Writers24x7 subject expert in as little as 3 hoursAsk your question
First time here? Give it a try and get 15% OFF your first order! Order Now