1. Read the background information found under the “Question” area first, and then continue on to reading the procedure information posted there as well.
2. Click on the “Nutrition Facts Label Guidebook” on the lower portion of the activity area and read through the information presented. You should also click on the “Daily Calories Chart” for additional information regarding individual energy requirements and expenditures.
a. Based on the Daily Caloric Recommendations Chart, I should consume approximately _____________ calories a day.
b. The three factors I used to decide on this number were ____________, _____________ and _________________.
3. Pick today (or a day this week) and document what you ate (as close as possible) by selecting a food items and dragging them to the various meal times in the laboratory area.
4. Make sure that you note each food choice made (and the number of servings) in Table I below.
5. When you are done your day, please be sure to note the information from your “Daily Nutritional Values” graph in Table II.
Fats, oils and sweets