For this paper, you will examine the ethical implications of a controversial topic related to forensic psychology.
Choose from the following topics:
- Psychologists’ involvement in military interrogations
- Psychologists’ involvement in assessments related to death penalty cases
In 1,000-1,250 words, consider the following:
- Discuss human rights as it relates to the controversy.
- Explain ethical implications that may arise for both sides of the controversy.
A minimum of three peer-reviewed sources and the textbook should be used to support this paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
Choose one of the two topics for your written assignment:
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
1. Psychologists’ involvement in assessments related to death penalty cases
2. Psychologists’ involvement in military interrogations
For either topic, in addition to any relevant case law or issues, all relevant enforceable APA Standards should be cited. Cited sources should be current, according to rubric criteria (within the past 5 years). Keep in mind how the Code has evolved, even up until recently, in 2015 and 2016.
For the first topic, be sure to review
- Chapter 12 hot topic: The Use of Assessments in Expert Testimony (Fisher, p. 305-307)
- Chapter 4 hot topic: Human Rights and Psychologists’ Involvement in Assessments Related to Death Penalty Cases (Fisher, p. 64-66).
- In addition to 1.02, aspects of Standards 2, 3, 4 and 9 should also be cited in this paper.
For topic # 2, review:
- The 2010 Amendments (Fisher, p. 8)
- APA Council Resolution 23-B (2015) http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2015/08/psychologist-interrogations.aspx
- APA (2013). Policy Related to Psychologists’ Work in National Security Settings. Retrieved from: http://www.apa.org/about/policy/national-security.aspx
- 2016 Amendment to Ethics Code: Standard 3.04b.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!