Conduct an evidence-based literature search to identify the most recent standards of care/treatment modalities from peer-reviewed articles and professional association guidelines (www.guideline.gov)
MUST INCLUDE FOLLOWING:
- What is the transmission and pathophysiology of TB?
- What are the clinical manifestations?
- After considering this scenario, what are the primary identified medical concerns for this patient?
- What are the primary psychosocial concerns?
- What are the implications of the treatment regimen, as far as likelihood of compliance and outcomes? Search the Internet to research rates of patient compliance in treatment of TB, as well as drug resistant TB.
- Identify the role of the community clinic in assisting patients, particularly undocumented patients, in covering the cost of TB treatment. What resources exist for TB treatment in community health centers around the United States? Compare the cost for treatment between, subsidized as it would be for a community health center, and unsubsidized.
- What are the implications of TB for critical care and advanced practice nurses?