- Choose two scenes from your movie that meet the following requirements:
- A scene where different cultures (race, age group, nationality, etc.) affect the communication between the characters.
- A scene where two characters are having a deeply emotional conversation (anger, sadness, fear, etc.).
- Read Section 6.3 Emotions and Interpersonal Communication in the eBook Communication in the Real World
- Read the article Emotional Intelligence and view the video contained in it.
- View the YouTube video Interpersonal Communication – Culture and Gender
Write a 2-3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Choose one scene where two characters who come from clearly different cultural backgrounds (race, age group, nationality, etc.) are interacting with each other. Explain what happened in the scene and analyze how the characters’ culture seems to affect their interaction. Be specific in your answer pointing to things in the interaction that are being affected by the person’s culture and explain the effect it has on the conversation. Be sure to include a description of what is happening in the scene to back up your statements and include concepts and ideas from your course resources to support your points as well.
- Choose a different scene where the characters are having a deeply emotional conversation (anger, sadness, fear, etc.). Describe what happened in the scene and analyze how emotions affected their communication positively or negatively. Be specific in your answer pointing toward various emotional responses, reactions, or triggers and how they in turn affected the communication between the two people. Be sure to give examples to support your ideas from the movie and include concepts and ideas from your course resources to support your points as well.