Imagine you are the Director of Environmental Safety for a major city in the United States. As the director, you have been asked to educate the public on chemical and mechanical weathering of national monuments, such as the limestone buildings in Washington, DC, or important tombs made of limestone throughout the country.
Include the following information:
- Definitions of both mechanical and chemical weathering
- Descriptions of frost wedging, frost heaving, salt-crystal growth, and exfoliation
- Descriptions of hydrolysis, oxidation, and carbonation
- Explanation of the relationship between chemical and mechanical weathering
- Explanation of how human activity affects chemical and mechanical weathering
APA format 700 – 1000 words