The Changing Nature Of Healthcare Human Resources Management
The healthcare industry is in a constant state of change. From the delivery of care to payment models and legislation, the changing nature of the industry impacts organizations, providers, nonclinical employees, and patients. For this Discussion, we will examine the changing nature of health care and consider the impact of these changes on [health care careers] talent management/ demands for workforce design, etc.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review this week’s Learning Resources.
Analyze the changing nature of the healthcare industry, including health care reform, the volume to value-based shift, and the industry’s emphasis on a culture of excellence. How have these changes impacted the type of workforce and types of positions where there will be more demand? What are the implications of the changing nature of workforce demands on human resource professionals? What impact does the competition for quality employees have on human resource managers?
Post by Day 3: your answer.
Respond by Day 5 and continue the Discussion through Day 7:
- Expand on this Discussion by highlighting differences between your posting and your colleagues’ postings. Provide additional insights or alternative perspectives, especially regarding how the current and predicted shortages in primary care providers will impact access to care.
- The initial post must require a minimum of four (4) current quality references. Including references in your replies to classmates is optional but recommended.
- Your initial answer must be 250-300 words not counting the list of references. Your replies to other classmates’ posts need to be at least 100 words per post.
- Focus on presenting in your posts critical thinking ideas and synthesis and less on stating and describing.
- Support your post with specific examples.